Mott’s* Garden Cocktail* ‘Good Choice’
CONTEST RULES & REGULATIONS
The Mott’s Garden Cocktail ‘Good Choice’ contest (the “Contest” or “contest”) commences 12:00:01 pm ET on January 19, 2015 and ends 12:00 pm ET on April 30, 2015 (the “Contest Period”). This contest is brought to you by Canada Dry Mott’s Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”). The Contest computer system (the “Contest Computer”) is used to govern all computer and time-related aspects of the Contest and, among other things, is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER CONTEST. The Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada who are, at the time of entry: (A) residing and located in Canada; and (B) of the age of majority or older in his/her province or territory of residence.
Notwithstanding the above, this Contest is not open to employees, officers and directors of the Contest Sponsor, its respective divisions, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies and representatives, contest suppliers, prize suppliers and judges, members of their immediate families (parents, siblings, spouses) and those with whom they are domiciled.
HOW TO ENTER
Entrants can enter the Contest via the Mott’s Garden Cocktail website at www.GardenCocktail.ca
To enter the Contest, complete the online entry form in full following all online instructions. Upon registering, entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry into the grand prize draw.
Entrants may then play the online game for a chance to win additional entries into the grand prize draw, to a maximum of twelve (12) additional entries per day and/or an instant prize (as more specifically described herein), subject to the limits set out below.
To play the online game for a chance to win additional entries into the grand prize draw and/or an Instant Prize, entrants must choose one (1) Mott’s Garden Cocktail logo and unveil what’s underneath. If a vegetable is unveiled, the entrant will receive additional entries into the grand prize draw, the number of which will be dependent upon the vegetable unveiled. The number of entries attributed to the the following vegetables are as follows: A tomato represents one (1) entry, carrots represent two (2) entries and celery represents three (3) entries.
The entrant can continue to choose Mott’s Garden Cocktail logos to accumulate grand prize entries and/or the chance to win an instant prize or end their online game and redeem any accumulated Grand Prize entries earned during that game play by clicking ‘submit’. If, however, an entrant continues to play and he/she unveils “TRY AGAIN TOMORROW”, the additional entries earned during that game play will be lost. Every online game is a maximum of thirty (30) seconds.
Instant Prize images will be randomly hidden throughout the logo boxes. If a player selects a logo with an instant prize in it, the entrant’s then current online game will end, grand prize entries accumulated will be submitted and recorded in the player’s account, and the entrant will follow the prompts to claim his/her instant prize.
After an entrant plays the online Contest game, he/she will automatically receive one (1) additional entry into the Grand Prize draw in addition to any accumulated during the online game play. A maximum of thirteen (13) Grand Prize entries per day per valid email account are available during the Contest Period. Note: Where an entrant has won the maximum of two (2) instant prizes, as set out in Rule 4, he/she will only obtain the one (1) additional Grand Prize entry for returning to the Contest website.
Entrants may also choose to receive a one dollar ($1.00 CDN) coupon off the purchase of select Mott’s Garden Cocktail. Limit one (1) coupon request per email account and household during the Contest Period.
Entrants may only use one (1) email address to enter. Entries made using multiple email addresses or generated by script, macro, robotic, programmed, or any other automated means are prohibited and are subject to disqualification.
By entering this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor and contest judges which are final.
Grand Prize : There is one (1) grand prize available to be won consisting of twenty thousand dollars ($20,000) CDN, payable by cheque (the “Grand Prize”).
Instant Prizes: There are a total of four hundred (400) instant prizes available to be won during the Contest Period (the “Instant Prizes” and each an “Instant Prize”) as described below:
Number available to be won
Approximate Retail Value ($CDN EA)
Small 16 GB computer tablets
Wireless Music System with speaker
Coupon for free Mott’s Garden Cocktail (6 x 162 ml or 6 x 240 ml)
The number of Instant Prizes available to be won will diminish as Instant Prizes are awarded during the Contest Period.
Limit of two (2) Instant Prizes per household address during the Contest Period
(one (1) Mott’s Garden Cocktail coupon for a free 6 x 162/240 ml and one (1) other Instant Prize as outlined above).
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred (except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor), exchanged or refunded. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a Prize or portion thereof with one of at least equal value (including, without limitation, at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, a cash award), in the event of the unavailability, for whatever reason, of the advertised Prize(s) or any portion thereof.
Shipped Prizes shall not be insured and the Contest Sponsor shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes. Any assembly required for a Prize will be at the winner’s sole responsibility and expense.
Grand Prize : On or before Monday, May 4, 2015 at approximately 2:00 pm ET in Toronto, Ontario, the Grand Prize draw will be held and one (1) potential winner will be randomly selected from eligible entries received.
Odds of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
A representative of the Contest Sponsor will contact the potential winner of the Grand Prize by email and/or telephone on or before May 8, 2015 with further information on how to be confirmed as the winner and claim the Grand Prize. If the selected entrant cannot be reached, for whatever reason, by this date, the Grand Prize will be forfeited by that potential winner and another entrant may be randomly selected (from eligible entries received) at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor.
Before being declared a winner of an Instant or Grand Prize, a potential winner must correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question and where applicable, complete, sign and return the Contest Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Form by the date indicated on the form (the “Prize Claim Date”). The skill-testing question for potential winners of the Instant Prizes will be administered online and the skill-testing question for the potential winner of the Grand Prize will be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged mutually convenient time.
Instant Prizes: During the Contest Period, 400 random times will be selected via a computerized randomizer program (each, a “Winning Time”). Each entry which is entered on, or most closely following, a Winning Time will initiate an onscreen message identifying the entrant as a potential winner of one of the Instant Prizes.
Odds of being a potential winner of an Instant Prize will depend upon date and time of entry and the number of eligible entries received.
Following the onscreen notification of being a potential winner of an Instant Prize, the potential winner must correctly answer, unaided, a time limited mathematical skill-testing question and where applicable, download, complete, sign and return via email, facsimile or regular mail, the Contest Sponsor’s Declaration and Release Form to the Contest Sponsor as outlined on the Declaration and Release form by the Prize Claim Date.
Prize Claim Date : All Prizes must be claimed by the Prize Claim Date. If an entrant cannot be reached within the timeframe specified above, is not in compliance with these Contest Rules, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the Prize won, email correspondence between the Contest Sponsor and selected entrant is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address, fails to return the Declaration and Release form (and any other documents, as applicable) by the Prize Claim Date, the Prize may be forfeited by that selected entrant. Instant Prizes will only be awarded as noted in the on screen notification. Any discrepancy between the Instant Prize listed in the on screen Instant Prize notification or on the Declaration and Release form, will default to the Instant Prize listed in the Contest database.
Unclaimed Instant Prizes will not be awarded.
Prizes will be awarded subject to these Contest Rules, upon receipt of the properly completed and executed Declaration and Release form (where applicable) and verification of Prize winner.
The approximate retail values of Instant Prizes as stated by the Contest Sponsor in point of sale advertising, and other advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest Rules are subject to price fluctuations in the consumer marketplace based on, among other things, the passage of time between the date the approximate retail values are stated by the Contest Sponsor and the date the Instant Prizes are awarded or redeemed. If, at the time an Instant Prize is redeemed or awarded, the actual prevailing retail purchase price for the Instant Prize is less than the approximate retail value stated by the Contest Sponsor in point of sale, television, print or internet advertising, promotion materials, and/or in these Contest Rules, the Instant Prize winner will not be entitled to a cheque or cash for the price difference.
7. The decisions of the Contest Sponsor are final and binding, without right of appeal, with respect to all aspects of this Contest (including without limitation, eligibility and/or disqualification of entries) and entrant agrees to abide by the Contest Rules and all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsor and/or contest judges. In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Contest Rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsor and/or contest judges shall prevail.
8. Unless otherwise deemed appropriate by the Contest Sponsor for the administration of the Contest based on the circumstances, no communications will be entered into except with selected entrants. Once prize winners have been confirmed and verified, winners’ names will be posted at www.GardenCocktail.ca
9. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor. Any entry that is late, illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Contest. The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this Contest and reserves the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this Contest in the event of a printing or administrative error, subject only to the approval of the Quebec Régie des alcohols, des courses et des jeux (the “Regie”).
In the event that, due to a printing, manufacturing, mechanical or other error of any kind or nature whatsoever, more Prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded according to these Contest Rules, Prizes will stop being awarded when the Contest Sponsor becomes aware of an error respecting the number of Prizes and the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to conduct a random draw from amongst all eligible and approved Prize claimants whose claims have not yet been redeemed to award the remaining number of advertised Prizes. In no event will the Contest Sponsor or Contest Entities (as defined below) be liable for more than the stated number of Prizes contained in these Contest Rules.
10. The Contest Sponsor accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded Prizes or the Contest itself. By entering, entrant releases and holds harmless Contest Sponsor, its affiliated and related companies and advertising and promotional agencies (collectively, the “ Contest Entities”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any Prize won.
11. Without limiting the release of liability provisions herein, and for greater certainty, the Contest Entities will not be liable for: a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by the Contest website users or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries in the Contest; b) any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation of the Contest website or any transmission in connection with the Contest; c) any communications line failure, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; d) any problems with, or technical malfunction of, any telephone network or lines, or failure of mobile device or mobile web browser, computer on-line systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, or failure of email which may occur for any reason whatsoever, including technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or text messaging system or combination thereof; or e) any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person's computer or mobile device related to or resulting from participating or uploading or downloading materials in this Contest. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause of any nature whatsoever beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security or proper conduct of this Contest, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to, without advance notice, terminate or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, or modify it in any way, subject only to the approval of the Régie in respect of residents of Quebec (where applicable).
12. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Selected entrant may be required to provide the Contest Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected entry.
13. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest, and to ban that individual from any future promotion of the Contest Sponsor, if the Contest Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the entry or voting process or the operation of the Contest or where applicable, the Contest website; to be acting in violation of these Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, the Contest Sponsor’s agencies, other entrants or any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
14. By entering this Contest, you consent to the Contest Sponsor’s use, should you become a winner, of your name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this Contest or future similar contests.
16. Except as provided in Rule 18, this Contest shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
17. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
18. For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
19. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, subject only to the approval of the Régie in Quebec, to adjust any of the dates, timeframes and/or other contest mechanics stipulated in these Contest rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by any entrant or entry with these Contest rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the contest as contemplated in these Contest rules, or for any other reason.
20. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these English Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of these English Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
*Trademark, used under license by Canada Dry Mott’s Inc.